Log in

No account? Create an account
So I just did my taxes. Yeah, cutting it close this year. I owe the… - Verschlingende Seelen für Spaß und Gewinn [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Apr. 14th, 2007|07:38 pm]
[I feel kinda |distresseddistressed]
[Sonically: |Covenant - "Stalker (Club Version)"]

So I just did my taxes. Yeah, cutting it close this year.

I owe the Fed just under $400, and CA just over $400 (but LA owes me the $75 my last company gave to them for taxes, even though they knew I spent exactly 0 days living in Louisiana in 2006).

So ~ $800 owed and a checking account balance of ~ $700.

Think I need to find an extension form somewhere.

[User Picture]From: dethcherub
2007-04-15 05:18 am (UTC)
accountant's advice - you can get an extension to file, but not an extension to pay...you must pay by the 17th at midnight or else you will accrue penalties and interest no matter if you file the extension form....this can be reduced by calling them and setting up a payment plan, but I don't know if that can be done on that small of an amount...i know, not small to you, but it's small to them...
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: micahra
2007-04-15 05:47 am (UTC)
you sure? if you need to borrow my turbo tax key you are welcome to.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: elessa
2007-04-16 03:51 pm (UTC)
i bit the bullet and put the $450 i owed on a credit card. it is less expensive to do so for me than to work out a payment plan with them. the penalties and interest they charge on unpaid balances is significant.

i was working for someone who owed back taxes for 2002 and 2004. the amount difference from original to final balance paid was obscene.

if you can charge the $800, send $700 to the credit card company, then owe them $100. you can come up with another $100 to pay on the credit card by the time you get the statement.

(Reply) (Thread)